Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Almost there (inside the Xcel Energy). Go Obama!



Yesterday was truly an important historic moment for USA. Obama
claimed the presidential nomination for the Democratic party at a HUGE
rally in St. Paul (Xcel Energy). I was very excited about it and
decided to go there. But it was a little naive of me to think that I
could get in. The doors opened at 7 pm and I arrive around 6:30 pm and
there were blocks and blocks of people. Downtown St. Paul turned into a
human maze with thousands of Obama fans and supporters. I just ended up
at one of the gates but behind the fence and just watched people get it.
So much enthusiasm and joy! I was not able to see him live but just by
being there I felt, like many others, that I was part of great moment in
history.

No comments: