Thursday, October 22, 2009

Experiment with Google Voice and World Languages

I was wondering how well could Google Voice handle languages other than English. Well... you can probably guess that not well at all. It also had a hard time with my accent. Now I wonder why nobody understands me! :)


Here is the message I recorded:
(English) My name is Paulino 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.  (Spanish) Mi nombre es Paulino. Uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco. (French) Je m'appelle François.   Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq.  (Italian) Mi chiamo Paulino. Uno, due, tre, quattro, cinque.


This is what Google Voice transcribed for me:
"Yes, my name is Paul when you you know 12345 number there is no you know or no. Those today's quite down so you can call you should not there. As far as well, and to park cut price sick, we can hopefully you know. Winnowed do it today, quite touching course."


And this is the recording.


Enjoy!

No comments: