Wednesday, September 07, 2005

First day of school!

I had my first day at school today and it was exciting, energizing and exhilarating. I am very very tired after teaching my first 4 classes of the year (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th grades). But you know, tired but happy. I am sure most teachers reading this know the feeling. All the celebrations, assemblies and festivals at my school (http://www.springhillschool.com) are really lovely but I find Opening Ceremony the most touching and significant one. Besides the always heart warming Rose Ceremony, where ex-kindergarteners start a new path into 1st grade, this year we had a Sixth grade for the first time, with a new teacher, Peter. All our school is very excited (and busy) as we move into the middle school grades. I had a great summer, and I really enjoyed my free time (and the not-so-free time as well) but I am very happy to be back at school. Working with/for children is the best!

No comments: