Saturday, September 22, 2007

International Club is back!

Eight years ago I spent my first academic year in US. I was an Amity Scholar and I worked (or rather volunteered) at Brighton High School in Rochester, NY. It was a wonderful year and a great way to start my life in US. One of the things that made it great was that I had the opportunity to work with three interesting ladies who later became my friends. We were part of what we called the "International Club". I know, not a very original name but it was special for us. We all came from different parts of the world: Imke from Germany, Maeva from France, Veronica from Spain and Me from Argentina. We shared many adventures. Today, after many years and thanks to Skype conference feature, we had our "International Club" meeting. It was very exciting to hear the four voices back together. We even talked about starting a blog together and share experiences, pictures, etc and the seed was planted to have a "real" meeting (meaning in person) some day (possibly summer 2009 in London). :-)
Our of the four I am the only one who remained in US and even though I like it here I miss visiting other counties (mainly in Europe) and learning about other cultures. But now may be we can be back in touch and they can bring Europe back to me until I can go and meet them there.

Here we are:



Can you guess who is who? :-)

No comments: